Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When Do You Get The Navy Bonus

1926 sewing machine



This has been a pleasant custom. I wanted to face a sewing machine because I come from a family of seamstress and I love the beauty with these old machines. I could check the exact date of this because it is engraved on its top.

It happens sometimes with photos of before does not seem to have much work the furniture in question. But if you see details up close is when you realize the task at hand ...



As in this picture of the condition of the wood, we can see several layers of varnish superposed



As was the top inlaid wood alcohol have to work with steel wool fine because the liquid alcohol evaporates quickly and does not impair the marquetry. With other treatments would be lost this plywood.



iron treatment of the legs is very different. In this case, the passage of time often leads to the succession of layers of shiny black plastic paint with areas of chipping, as shown in the photo next to it, where I show the work process: four times I had to give flux to leave iron as clean as possible:



And what I said about the comparison between before and after after stripping and subsequent acrylic spray paint flat black. Importantly, I learned to take disappointments based spray paint that has a better finish and do not play tricks if you buy the acrylic. Taken into account. You can wash everything overboard. All advantages.




As you can see the mat color is clean and crisp. I like the brightness difference.




I made in wood treated with layers of wax and shellac alternate, always ending with wax. There were also some pieces to be glued drawers.
And together, so is how it looks:


Hope you like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment